In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Hiram Historical Society

Mount Cutler House, Hiram, ca. 1900

Contributed by Hiram Historical Society
MMN Item 16585 Item Details
Mount Cutler House, Hiram, ca. 1900
MMN Item 16585 Zoom

Description

The Mount Cutler House in Hiram was built in 1846 by J. P. Hubbard and was for many years a haven for travelers along the Pequawket Trail.

The 32-room inn was a regular stop for the Portland to Conway, N.H., stagecoach.

Alfred V. and Cassis Jane Dow ran the inn for many years.

The buildings were razed in 1968.

View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.